Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I just want to wish everyone a super Happy Halloween!  Keep it safe and have fun!

We are soooo not ready for Halloween at our house this year.  We usually go big and decorate it with a million pumpkins and lots of Disney themed stuff.  Last year we did several photoshoots all around the pumpkins and lots of fall festivals.  This year has been spent dealing with extreme heat, shuttling kids back and forth all day long, and getting ready for our wedding season.  It's funny how life changes like that.  We have yet to put out a single pumpkin and my kids are costumeless.  (That will change by the end of the day - hopefully!)

While I am missing out on the typical fall leaves and pumpkin pictures, I have been focusing more on themed ideas.  I want to create these awesome scenes that tell stories.  These generally require great costumes and lots of props, so I don't always get to do them.  It also requires a willing participant and parent to let me take an idea and run with it.  That's why I was super excited when I was contacted about doing a session around a Captain Hook costume.  Being the Disney nuts that we are, I had this great idea to start grabbing all of this stuff that we had in the house (the Tinkerbell from Kenzie's jewelry box, the croc from Drew's bed, the candle latern in the bathroom...) and create this session.  It is one of my favorites to date, and I am especially excited to share it with you on Halloween.  

Have fun believing and playing dress up today.  And if you decide that it's much more fun to stay that way, and not to go back to adult responsibilities, go visit Neverland.  I do believe it is the second star to the right and straight on til morning!
 















No comments:

Post a Comment