Sunday, May 15, 2011

Things I have done this week...

I tend to stick my foot in my mouth a lot - probably because I talk so much.  So I have managed to offend a few people this week.  Sorry.  I really don't mean it.  I just get SO excited about photography.  ALL the time.  The same is to be said when it comes to posting pics on facebook.  I have this need to share my images with the world.

I got a new lens - an 85mm prime and I am totally in love with it.  EXCEPT for the fact that it is a manual focus - I wasn't going to drop another $1,000 on the auto focus one.  Who am I kidding?  I don't have an extra $1,000!!  Oh the joys of being an artist.

I have discovered that chasing around a 2 year old with a manual focus lens probably isn't the best idea since quite a few pics ended up TOTALLY out of focus.

But the ones that were in focus were spectacular.



I finally feel like after 5 years of doing this job professionally, I'm starting to really figure it out.  (The prime lenses help.  Why didn't anyone tell me about them A LONG TIME AGO??  How did I not figure this out before now?) 
 
I have also discovered that power - as in electricity - is central to my existence.  Yes, a tree took out our power line.  Ripped it right off the house during a storm.  It's Florida and it happens.  What is it that I need from power?  I don't care about the food b/c I don't cook.  Flushing toilets is always handy, but we do have buckets.  The thing I can't live without: the computer.  Yes.  I am totally addicted to all of it.  Importing pictures, Lightroom, Photoshop, The Internet, facebook, and looking at other photographers' work.  I am writing this post in the dark with my computer, my modem, and my fridge hooked up to a generator. (Ok, so I do care about the food that is already cooked.) Let's hope that FPL will come to my rescue sooner rather than later, so I can feed this photography addiction of mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment