Thursday, May 5, 2011

Graduation!

I made it to a major milestone in my life over the weekend.  I earned and graduated with my Master's Degree.  This was always a dream of mine and took a lot of hard work from everyone in my family.  My husband has faithfully cooked, cleaned, and watched the kids while I slaved away on research and papers.  I am so proud of them for puting up with me through this whole ordeal, and for puting in so much of their own time.  I have to brag and say that I was able to do this with a 4.0 and graduate Summa Cum Laude. 

As a result, a lot of time has been put into sitting at the computer, and it has been like birthing a baby in the stress, weight gain, the labor, and lack of sleep.  I am happy with my accomplishment and that it is over.  My hubby took these lovely pictures of me and I wanted to share them with the world.  My only complaint is why do they have to make the graduation gowns the equivalent of a Moo-Moo?  Really?  I mean I am already a plush person, but then I have to add on this gianormous robe that has all this crazy extra material for masters' students on it.  There are several pics that I just won't share b/c I look related to big foot, or when I am sitting down, the gown bubbles and I look 10 months pregnant.  I think we should enlist some fashionistas to redesign the gown for modern times.  Lol!  One can hope anyway.

In spite of all of that, I was very proud to wear it and proud of my accomplishments.  Thanks Dan for everything, and for my lovely pictures.



































No comments:

Post a Comment