Sunday, January 8, 2012

Landscape Saturday Night

Every time I write one of these posts, I always finish on another day.  Maybe I should start calling them "Landscape Really Early Sunday Morning"!  Let's see if I can beat the clock on this one.  I suppose it's still Saturday night in the next time zone right? 

I actually haven't dragged my cameras out of the bag in a week (oh, the horror of it!!).  We shot 2,000 pictures at Tenille & Kevin's wedding, so I am working on narrowing that down to a manageable 800 or so, and then editing those.  We also went back to school this week - well, the kids did, and that means we are back to our crazy schedules.  I miss Christmas break already!

At least when I don't feel like dragging around the D3, and all 14lbs of it and my gear, I have my handy little iPhone that my hubby got me for my birthday.  Bless that man for getting me a phone made in this century!!  When we had a hard freeze complete with ice all over everything earlier this week, I had a second on my way to drop the kids off to take a few shots.  We were all so mezmerized by the ice and how everything was blanketed in ice.  My daughter declared that "snow was really real" when she saw it!  Living in Florida all our lives, we were beginning to think it was only a mythical creation used on tv for Christmas specials.  Even though it wasn't snow, I didn't have the heart to tell my children that.  It was just gorgeous.  I snapped a few pics with my iphone of all the ice.  My photographer self had to have a picture of it.

Of course the camera on the phone doesn't have all the awesome features that my camera does, so I decided to put these in black and white to make them more interesting.  I wonder if Ansel Adams would be proud?  (Kidding, kidding...)




No comments:

Post a Comment