Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What's up?

Hello my lovely readers and fans.  I just wanted to say "Hi!" - because it's been a while.  I always have the best intentions of updating the blog, but then life gets in the way.  Then I debate what to write about on the blog, b/c it should be for the business.  Do I write about the business?  Do I write about what's going on in our daily lives?  A combo of the two?  Then I debate some more, and then I write nothing at all.  Well, nothing at all is no fun is it?

There are so many conflicting opinions and advice to try to follow too.  Do I keep the business blog strictly professional?  A lot of people would answer yes to that question.  But I also know that there is an entirely new generation that communicates through blogs and networks and social media.  And you know what?  They love when I talk about my personal life.  I love when they talk about their personal life.  It's how we all get to know each other.

So after a lot of thinking, I decided to scrap what everyone else does/thinks/advises and go with my own heart.  And it says this: There is a lot of me and my personal interests/likes/events that shape who I am and how I photograph.  My life and my business are completely intertwined.  It's hard to separate the two - so I'm not gonna!

Here's what's up with me lately:  I have been super busy.  Awesomely busy.  And I love it.  But I can't keep up with watermarking all the pictures and uploading them into neat organized facebook albums and blog posts.  It's not that I don't want to do it.  It's just a time issue at the moment.  I prefer to put the time in with my sweet children and making my clients happy.  I swear one of these days I am going to catch up and post all of these awesome pictures.  I wonder if I can talk my hubby into doing it?

What else is up?  Well we are thinking about moving.  Say what?!  Ok - it won't be far at all.  One house we looked at was right down the road from where we live now, but we have come to the conclusion that we are ready for a change.  And hopefully a walk-in closet.

House hunting is exciting and stressful all at the same time.  I lay awake at night thinking/dreaming/getting excited about a property, and then find out later that it is not the one for us.  I know it will happen and it will come, but wow!  This stuff can drive you batty.  It reminds me of being in wedding planning mode - you know where you get super-hyper focused on every little detail?  Yup.  It's just like that.

So that's what's up with me.  Oh, and my lovely hubby was nice enough to get me an awesome present.  An 85mm 1.4 prime lens.  Nikon - of course!  It's been fun shooting with it!  I can't wait to test it out some more!


Yes, my life is a circus!  A three ring circus!

So what's up with you?  

www.timelessmemoriesarcadia.com

1 comment:

  1. I like that you keep things fresh so we get to know about you and your life. Looking forward to Saturday :) PS Moving is no fun we just did it.. but the whole house hunting thing is quite fun!!

    ReplyDelete