Friday, April 27, 2012

More babies and an Easter Bunny

This may not look like a baby to you, but she is my baby.  My growing-up-too-fast baby.  I can't believe how fast time passes us by.  It's one of the reasons that I love to take pictures of them and remember each special moment.  

These were images that I took on Easter Sunday.  It was a day full of family time for once.  My husband has always had to work on that day, so he has never gotten to experience the Easter Bunny, baskets in the morning, and the almighty egg hunts.  This day was different.  He took off so we could spend it together, and it was lovely!  I hoped to at least be able to get a family picture, or maybe a picture of my two children, but it proved more difficult than I anticipated.  (See, you are not alone out there!)  Instead, I took some pictures of Mackenzie feeding our "Easter Bunny".  

We call her Banana actually.  She is from our first litter of English Lop bunnies that we bred from the kids' 4H project rabbits.  This little one almost didn't survive several times because she was the runt.  She had a difficult time getting food, so we had to hand feed her.  When they stopped nursing, she almost starved to death because she couldn't figure out how to eat pellet food.  So we would mash up bananas and oatmeal and water to keep her alive.  On Easter Sunday, she made a big turn around and had finally started eating on her own!  I am happy to report that she is thriving and doing well and keeping up with her sibling bunny brothers.  

Mackenzie has a different point of view on the whole thing.  She is such an animal lover and believes that we had to help the baby bunnies for a different reason.  We had to keep them around because the Easter Bunny needed help this year.  She thinks the baby bunnies laid all the Easter eggs and that they work for the big guy.  You know, the head Easter Bunny.  Kind of like how Santa has elves.  

Oh how I love living in their world!  It's such a magical place.  So are these images.  Sigh...
 






1 comment: